Sauteed spinach, pinenuts and garlic….yummmmmmm!
- 1 1/2 lb fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 c pine nuts
- Rinse the spinach, either pat it dry with paper towels or spin it dry in a salad spinner.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic over medium until fragrant (about 30 sec).
- Heat the oven 350 toast the pine nuts for approximately 5 min (until fragrant) take out of oven and place aside.
- Add all the spinach, the salt, and pepper to the dutch oven, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover the pot, and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring,until all the spinach is wilted.
- Drain the spinach and place it into a serving bowl .
- Top with the butter, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of sea salt and toasted pine nuts.